Movie review - Pitch Perfect

Hey everyone! Here's what I think of Pitch Perfect~

Pitch Perfect


Alright, this is probably going to sound a little harsh and may be a little unpopular. But I'll be truthful: critically, I didn't like it at all. The character development was brief and shallow, before a cheesy "Deep and Meaningful Conversation" in order to try to add a 3D element to the characters. The movie itself was slow to start and sort of drifted, as if unsure of where to go. The humour falls flat in many cases, except half of Fat Amy's lines. And the big one, the movie ended EXACTLY how I predicted it to be. It followed every mould, every stereotype, every pigeonhole that musical movies have to offer.

However, personally, I believe the movie had some redeemable qualities. It was meant to be a fun movie aimed at teens, and that achieved. As well, I quite liked the musical mash ups and (shh don't tell anyone) sang quietly right along with them!

Overall, a light, gradually more likeable/entertaining though cheesy movie. Don't be in for the story but just watch it with your mates and have fun with it. ^_^ 

Humour: 3/5
Story: 2/5 
Music: 4/5

Overall rating: 6/10

2 comments:

  1. nice blog !!!! check out my blog: http://thatsloverobyblog.blogspot.it/
    I follow you, you follow me too???? thanks
    xoxo Rob

    ReplyDelete