A Letter To Myself

This was written on Sunday, August 23 2015 and set to be published in 5 years time.

"To my future self,

This is a question that has been bugging me for many years. Are you enjoying yourself? Do you enjoy the job you have, the friends you keep, the hobbies you have taken on? Are you in a happy relationship? Or are you still alone? This one question has become three, but I want you to answer me all the same.

The year now is 2015. It's the day after my first proper cosplay shoot in Auburn gardens. I was happy people asked me for photos but sad that my father couldn't take proper pictures of me. The day after, my mum grabbed me and threw me around because I woke up late, saying she was sick of a useless "thing" that I have become which she was unfortunate to give birth to.

Are you in a better position? Or are you in a 'better place'?

At this time, my hobby is cosplaying, my dream job is to be a fashion designer or journalist of some kind, I want to move out into a small unit on the edge of the city.

Are you there or at least moving towards there? Or are you reading this letter, cringing in distaste and embarrassment? Or do you even wish you had done more to reach your goals?

I don't know. But I hope it gets better."

No comments:

Post a Comment